I tied up the FAOL Fly of the Week and took it to the river today so that sometime before I quit trout fishing, I would tie it on and see how it looked and worked in the river. I tied it on a #10 Streamer hook and scaled the pattern down to see if trout would strike it. I fished most of the day and in the last two hours of daylight decided to tie it on and fish it. On the first cast I noticed that is has a very slow sink rate and is very light and takes some getting use to when you cast it. To my delight a 17" rainbow decided it was what it wanted. I ended up catching 6 rainbow on it in about 10 casts! The strike is very different in that they do not "slam" it and you do not really feel them take it. Your line just starts to tighten up. It is a lot of fun to fish and is an easy tie. You must try it! I know when I got home I tied up 4 more and put them in my fly box. I have a feeling that if I tie it in a #6 or #8 I might fool some of the larger browns in my local river. Great fly and I sure am glad I tired it.

------------------
Warren