Thread: Copyright etc.

Threaded View

1. Default Copyright etc.

It seems one or two people are worried about copyright issues with some of this material.

Firstly, most of the material I have posted on fly-dressing etc is my original material, and my copyright. I hereby grant you permission to use any of it for your own personal use.

I WILL NOT grant permission for commercial usage.

With regard to various PDF?s , ( Abbreviation for "Portable Document File" a standard introduced by Adobe systems some years ago; http://www.adobe.com/ and for which in the meantime other firms have produced better viewers! http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_...s/pdfx_viewer/ which are usually free. ), placing a PDF on the web is intended specifically to allow public usage. There is no copyright issue with this material at all, you can use it however you like for your own personal use.

There is no way I would countenance illegal downloads! This is simply stealing, and although I don't sell anything, or earn anything from my work, ( except for a great deal of personal satisfaction, and thanks from people who appreciate it), I can well imagine how annoyed people get when their work is simply stolen.

I get annoyed when people use my stuff without permission, but at least it doesn?t cost me anything!

So, you can use anything I post here for your databases, wall posters, etc etc. Otherwise I simply would not post it.

Why do I do it? Well, I enjoy it, and I am a sucker for good information, especially if it has pretty pictures!

Is there a catch to all this FREE STUFF? Of course there is a catch, the more you learn about angling the more addicted you become!!!

You might also catch a lot more fish as a result, but that is really only a secondary consideration!

With regard to the books at various links I have posted, these books are no longer in copyright. I know there are people selling this stuff on CD's and DVD's etc, But this stuff is COMPLETELY FREE to use however you see fit. There are ABSOLUTELY NO RESTRICTIONS on out of copyright works.

Personally, I think it is wrong to try and make a profit from such things, especially as this depends largely on deceiving the angler into thinking he has to pay for it, but this is NOT ILLEGAL! This is however also why I like to post such links, it pulls the rug out form under the snake oil merchants!

So don?t worry! The worst that can happen is that you become even more addicted to fishing!

TL
    MC
    Last edited by Mike-Connor; 01-07-2009 at 04:59 AM.