+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi all,
    Everyone seems to be doing these "hello" topics, so why not. My Name is David Barnett, I'm a full time student, at Clark Fork Jr/Sr Highschool. I live in Clark Fork, pop. 450, in Northern Idaho. I have been Flyfishing for about a year and a half, and tying for about 8 months ( AND LOVE IT!!!). To all of the new members welcome, you've hit the jackpot for information. This websites info, and members, is the only thing that taught me how to tie, and fish, Luckily I caught on pretty fast because fly fishing is hard to teach yourself, when you dont know how to do it. So new members prepare to be mystified. (English has taken no affect on me, notice all the run-on sentence, and misspelled words...lol)
    Sorry if my bad grammer scrwewed you up.
    - David

Sorry. Forgot to add that i've been a member for about 6 months..

[This message has been edited by Flytyer317 (edited 03 November 2005).]

Welcome David. Lot to look thru with in these pages. Enjoy!

David,
    Welcome to the best site around. I personally started with a perusal of the "Great Rivers" link at the bottom of the Home Page. I still go there whenever I can. Great info and great pictures. Join the Chatroom when you can, and post often to the bulletin board. Questions there are cheerfully accepted, and answers (right or wrong) are freely given. We are all members of an addictive fraternity, and whenever possible, foster that membership.

------------------
    He Knocks. You Only Have To Ask.
    Joe

David,
    Welcome to the best!! (but you already knew that). Glad to have you with us. I think I speak for many of us when I voice excitement about you young people getting involved. You ARE the future of flyfishing!
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!

[This message has been edited by ohiotuber (edited 04 November 2005).]
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

David, ...

A warm Welcome to 'ya.

Glad to see some Future coming to the sport. Watch out though, ... this stuff can be kinda addictive. Heck, ... I changed universities from Edmonton to Vancouver back when, ... so I'd have more access to Steelheading and Salmon (well, Pacics, ... but beggars can't be choosers )

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:88156]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:88156]
    Christopher Chin

David;
    Welcome aboard!! I have a kid brother about 35 miles south of Coeur D'Alene at Worley. I see they number the streets in Clark Fork just like here in Evart, MI. 1st, 2nd, Pine, Main, etc. We've got more trees as the town is around 2000.
    You live in a very nice part of the country, almost as nice as North Central Michigan!! Got to get out there again!!

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

Welcome David !!! My gosh, Clark Fork......must be rough !!!!!
    Nice place to practice your fly fishing & fly tying (don't forget those studies first).
    I guess that would be one place where it would be acceptable to play hooky & go-a-fishing (I'm talking about the teachers lol) !!!!!

Welcome, David. I think you're on the right track: high school in Clark Fork.. college where? I'm thinking you'd like a college on a nice trout stream or one of the Great Lake tributaries! Join a fly swap.. they're a blast.

Diane

------------------
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-WOW---What A Ride!
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Diane,
    I'm started a dropper fly-swap, my first one, and it is extremly fun. I believe I'll go to college at North Idaho College, for Welding Technology, as I want to be a pipe welder.
    Thanks to all that replied
    - David

+ Reply to Thread