+ Reply to Thread

Thread: does anyone hunt?

Hybrid View

Default does anyone hunt?

I love to, but some crummy legislation is coming down the pipe to raise already high prices on ammo. Found this on another forum.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...9.new.html#new

Yes, I love to hunt, but sometimes I keep it quiet so as not to be associated w/ racist rednecks who were venting their spleen on the link you provided.

It's a constant struggle to maintain our second amendment rights. I belong to the NRA mainly to give them support in an effort to counter the gun control element. If you hunt, or shoot for fun -- then I would encourage you to also be an NRA member.

Agreed. Make no mistake about it - The gun control movement contains an element that would like nothing better than to outlaw hunting *and* fishing or anything short of bird watching (which I also enjoy.)

The "anti's" drive me crazy -- those against hunting from my prespective -- are short sighted. They think it is terrible to hunt and kill an animal or bird yet they don't seem to understand the fact that -- aside from the sport -- this is part of wildlife management. Look at what has happened to the snow geese in the north east -- their numbers have exploded and it is ruining their habitat -- in part because there are few hunters hunting them. Something like 1 million fewer federal duck stamp sales than 10 or 15 years ago.

License fees and financial contributions by hunters and fishermen to organizations like Ducks Unlimited, Trout Unlimited, FFF, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, etc. are huge and do alot to maintain habitat and further the enjoyment of the sport and wildlife.

I sometimes wonder how much the "anti's" contribute to any real conservation organization that benefits wildlife - or if their contribution is the letter writing and protesting only.

I have hunted since I was old enough to go with my Dad and Grandfather. I still enjoy going but it is not for the kill --- it is the commaradarie (sp?), scenery, excitement experienced by others - especially the younger people on their first hunt or fishing trip that I now get the enjoyment out of .

I hope the anti gun crowd doesn't put an end to this type of experience. They need to focus on how screwed up or society is and make some hard choices to mend society rather than be distracted by registering ammo and guns.

my 2 cent rant.

I have a video tape from several years ago of one of the talk shows at that time. They had Ted Nugent and a couple people from the NRA on one side and three "Anti's" against them on the other side. Ted was asked what hunters had done for wildlife and he had facts and figures to back everything the hunters and fishermen had done to help the creatures in the wild and the land itself. They then asked the "Anti's" what they had done to help. All they could come up with was what they had done to protect dogs and cats.

Just before the elections there was word going around that Obama had said if he couldn't take our guns from us he would tax the ammunition 500 percent so that we could not afford to buy ammo for our guns. Right after the election had ended and Obama had won you could not find hardly a single round of ammunition in this town or the next big town 20 miles away.

Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by pdowney View Post
    Yes, I love to hunt, but sometimes I keep it quiet so as not to be associated w/ racist rednecks who were venting their spleen on the link you provided.

"racist rednecks"

Now who is the one discriminating? Can you imagine if someone said "racist nigger"?
    Funny how some think it's OK to throw around "redneck" and yet they get all bent out of shape over "nigger".
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 01-06-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
    "racist rednecks"

Now who is the one discriminating? Can you imagine if someone said "racist nigger"?
    Funny how some think it's OK to throw around "redneck" and yet they get all bent out of shape over "nigger".
    Well, if you read the link that started this, it started off with legitimate criticism and concern over what appeared to be some troubling legislation on some dockets. The next posts that came up were moronic comments about fatherless black babies and illegal immigrants. Sounds like racist rednecks to me.

Discrimination? Odd use of the word, but don't even *suggest* that the "r" and "n" terms are equivalent. Many people take the "r" word as a compliment, depending on the context and delivery, of course. However, misanthropes such as gangsta rappers aside, the "n" word is rarely used or taken as anything but what it is - a term of extreme disrespect.

Yes I hunt, Yes I believe in the right for the citizens to arm themselves for self protection against individuals and oppressive government. I also believe in the prosecution of individuals that abuse that right.

Pdowney,
    when any hot button topic comes up you get heated, uneducated replies to go along with the well thought out educated replies. Does that mean that if a group was trying to take our right to fish away you would not want to be associated with the bait fishing "rednecks" By not taking the responces for what they are worth is exactly the tactics that could come back to haunt you. Am I a big fan of Ted Nugent? I can tell you I don't think I would want to spend my vacations with him but I do appreciate all the time and energy he has put into promoting hunting and the right to bear arms. Everyone can't be an expert about everything but if we ruled all nonexpert opinions off the BB I wouldn't have much to read.

-Jeff

+ Reply to Thread