Thread: Dubbing Brush Twisters part Duex

Threaded View

Default Dubbing Brush Twisters part Duex

As many of you know I am a big fan of using dubbing brushes in tying many of my flies. The dubbing brushes really speed up my tying, allow me to be very creative and are almost indestructable. I designed a dubbing brush twister that many of the folks hear on FAOl are using. I continue to get inquires about selling them but my job has kept me too busy. That being said, I had a couple of folks ask recently and when I polked around in my shop/garage, I found some blocks that I had already cut and routed so I finished them up. in the process, I came up with a very simple idea to add power to these dubbing brush twisters if you have a Dremel, electric drill or battery powered drill. I simply inserted a stainless steel set screw into the twisting knob. You can then put an Allen/Hex wrench into your Dremel or Drill, insert it into the set screw, and you're in business. I tried these out and it works great, REALLY speeding up the twisting process. I've attached a couple of photos so you can get a better idea of what I am trying to discribe.

Three of the dubbing blocks I had ready to complete are JUMBOs made out of Rock Maple. As you can see in the last photo when compared to the "regular" sized dubbing twister, these are the HumVee version of dubbing twister almost 16 inches long.

Anyway, I wanted to share this with the dubbing twister crowd and if any of the folks that purchased dubbing twisters from me need any help in making this adaption to their existing twister, drop me a line, I'll be glad to help out.

Take care and have a great New Year.

Jim Smith
    Last edited by James Smith; 01-19-2009 at 10:34 PM.