Thread: Your Thoughts

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell View Post
    If you are not making these available to the hackle producers, please explain why not. They could package in them as well as offer them singly.
    I tried with Metz/Umpqua, and Whiting back in 2005. Umpqua really liked the idea, sent me to a person at Metz, and I was ignored. Whiting -- I just got a "no thank you". I also talked with Hedron (flashabou), and Wapsi. I think I got their attention for a bit, but it was too expensive for a packaging alternative.

I have to say that I am not the manufacturer, so I can not get these for costs that Metz, Whiting, Hedron and Wapsi are probably accustom to.

I have a couple online store's that carry the bags, and I believe Jim Slattery is still carrying them -- including them with hackle purchases, etc..., as a service to his customers.

My full-time gig is as a data warehousing consultant, and as a dad, so the bags are offered on the side as a hobby business. Pretty soon, I may just have them available via the online stores if I can get a couple more sites to carry them.

I have found the bags to be very helpful for capes, and extremely helpful for saddles.
    Last edited by troutgeek; 01-03-2009 at 05:44 AM.