A few weeks ago Nick (Bamboozle) posted a picture of his Medalist 1494 that he described as being "pimped" which means he sent it to One-Pfoot and had many new parts installed like a round line guard, sculptured pins, new reel foot, new drag plate with 8 indents per side which allows one to change it from left hand retrieve to right hand retrieve and it will still be smooth. The original drag plate could be reversed on the 1494 but one side only had 4 indents which made for a not so smooth retrieve. I contacted Nick and fired 100 questions at him and finally decided, after seeing his, that I wanted one "tricked out". I ended up purchasing 2 Medalist 1494's and both were Made in USA off E-Bay. They were both like new condition and one even came with the original box and all paperwork. I contacted Bill at One-Pfoot and I ended up sending one of my reels to him to be "pimped". I just got it back today and it is really nice! Smooth as silk and a beautiful reel IMO. One-Pfoot does excellant work and I would highly recommend them.

My pimped reel is on the right and when it was sent to Bill at One-Pfoot is looked just like the one on the left. I also ordered a new drag plate and counterbalance to install on the reel on the left. Thanks for all your help Nick!!!