Thread: Thinking of the New Year!!!!

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Thinking of the New Year!!!!

At this time of year I think most of us reflect on the year nearly past. And some of us are even making New Year's Resolutions -- or at least plans for the next season of fly fishing. For at least some of us may think they're unlucky enough to live in places where there are only certain times of the year that they can wet a line (are there really such places I wonder as I get set to go out steelheading on this Boxing Day up here in the Great White North?!?!?). Or even worse some may think that fly fishing is only possible for trout and don't know what to do with the season now closed (of course this too causes me to wonder: aren't steelhead trout?!?!? and there are places even up here where one can throw out a fly line for trout at any time of year, right?!?!?). But I digress since the point I wanted to make that at this time of year (despite the possible cold weather and snow) we can all start to make plans -- and to hope and to dream.

I found this great article in J. Castwell's archives, http://colo2.flyanglersonline.com/cst/cst123107.php (hope he doesn't mind me putting this link to his fine article here), which I think puts it better than I ever could. Anybody care to share their hopes and dreams for the upcoming year????
    Last edited by Mike Ormsby; 12-26-2008 at 01:51 PM.
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby