+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pezon et Michel Parabolic Speciale Normale

Default Pezon et Michel Parabolic Speciale Normale

Hello All,

This month I received my restored Pezon et Michel cane rod back from from Ken and Dennis at Conranch Hackle. They did a super job in restoring this cane rod to its original likeness.

I need help in identifying the year of manufacture. I checked the Pezon et Michel website for serial numbers, models, lengths and years with no matches. The serial number on this one doesn't seem to fit the number format of P-M rods. I suspect it could be the 16th rod manufactured in 1924?

Here are the particulars of the rod:

Parabolic Speciale Normale
    6 1/2', 2 pc/2 tips, butt section same length as tips
    SN 2416
    51 intermediate wraps

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can render.

Richard in Plano Texas

Here are pictures:

Last edited by Richard Komar; 12-24-2008 at 09:49 PM.

That's one very nice rod you have. They did a great job on it. Give ya $50 for it.
    I would say to check on Clarks Classic Fly Rod forum. http://clarksclassicflyrodforum.yuku.com/
    Those guys over should be able to help if no one here can.

Thank you, RS1.

I will do that. I have not visited that forum in a couple of years. Will see if my username and password will still work.

It is a beautiful rod, especially after Ken and Dennis at Conranch Hackle restored it to pristine condition.

They used red silk wraps, Mike McCoy Snake Guides and agate stripper and new Super Z ferrules. The original guides were tiny ones meant for silk lines.

The butt section had a bad alligator-skin finish from someone's botched brushed on varnish job. Some wraps were replaced with non-matching red non-silk thread. The original inscriptions were kept intact and the 51 intermediate wraps were meticulously removed and replaced.

A beautiful work of art. If you are in need of a cane rod restoration, give Ken and Dennis at Conranch Hackle a call. They will ask you to send them the rod and then individually evaluate it to see if it can be restored and the approximate cost.

This P-M restoration was worth every dollar to me; otherwise, the rod would probably languish in its sock on the back of my den room door for the rest of its life. Now it can be fished again!

Cheers,

Richard Komar in Plano TX

Nice looking rod Richard. What line weight is she?

Jeremy.

Hello Jeremy,

This slow action P-M will cast everything from a 3 wt to a 6 wt. Remarkable. I normally use a 4wt on it.

Cheers,

Richard in Texas

+ Reply to Thread