I shouldn't have, but I'm guilty of it. Last Wednesday, from 2pm to 4pm we braved the winter road conditions (snow/ice) and made it into town, about four miles south of home. We got the necessary items (Christmas tree) lunch for my wife (it was her birthday). The weather got nasty and I made it back home. When I backed up into my driveway, I put the breaks on, including the emergency break (driveway is on a slant). The car slid at least a foot back down with all four wheels locked. Scary! We live on a 'School bus route' figured it would get plowed; wrong, they canceled school.
We stayed weathered/snowed/iced in until an opening on Saturday. Mid-day we made another soiree into town, (get groceries, meds, mail). Just made it back in the face of another blizzard. Drove straight into the driveway this time. Made it and the car did not roll back/slide back down.
It still sits there. That day started a snow storm dumping over a foot on us and continuing,,, yet today. No mall delivery out here these days, no UPS or Fed X, even the big garbage/trash truck did not show up on Tuesday morning as usual.
I am thinking we may get out by this next weekend.
I have no gift for my lovely wife under the tree for the first time ever. I know, we have so much. Still, when I look under the tree,,, nothing.
Bummer.

ooops. Found something! An envelope. It's from a restaurant about thirty miles south. This a gift card, for dinner,sent to us from a couple out east. How thoughtful. Now there is something under our tree. Thanks again.