(LF, if you think this belongs over on Sound Off, please move it there.)

On 1/1/05 two uniformed Marines arrived at our door to tell us that our 21 year old son Evan had been severely wounded by a land mine in Iraq. That evening I posted about it on this board, seeking your prayer support. I'm posting here again about it as I am extremely pleased by the result of your prayers.

Evan had multiple wounds. The permanent ones turned out to be the loss of both legs, one above mid-thigh, the other slightly below the knee, and the loss of vision in one eye.

This has been a dismal year for us. The first good time occurred in August when we were able to see Evan stand at the altar and exhange weddding vows with a wonderful young woman. The other came on Friday when we welcomed them back home!

He's had 28 surgeries so far this year, with more to come. But he hasn't lost a bit of his sense of humor or his confidence.

Today he fitted on his running prosthetics and ran on the track at his former HS. I wasn't there, but his bride took pictures. As I looked at them this evening, my heart swelled with pride and my eyes with tears of joy.

Thanks for your support and your prayers!