Today dawned as one of the coldest days yet here in Southern Tennessee, it was all of 7 degrees at 7 am.! While clear and sunny the forecast was for a high of 23 so a write off for fishing. I had a good book to finish so no problem, just kick back and relax. It was warming back up in to the 50's over the next couple of days.
Warren called and wanted to know if I would like to go to "Belll Buckle", a small town just a bit north that has a ton of antique shops and a great resturant with some real "Down Home Cookin'". His wife and one of her friends were going to meet us there. Sounded like a good way to spent the day.
Warren then informs me that he is taking his furling board along as one of the Lynchburg Fly Fishing Club members with a fly tying shop in Bell Buckle wants to learn how to make them.
"Lil Joe" met us at the front door and led us back to the Coffee Shop (where he is the Brewmiester!) to a spot where Warren could set up to make furled leaders. Lil Joe caught on very quickly and was producing furled leaders while the rest of us toured the antique shops.
When we returned "Lil Joe" showed us some of his fly's. Now Joe is an ardent dry fly fisherman and he loves to see the take! His fly's are of the best quality I have ever seen, Joe knows how to tie a fly for the fisherman!!
By the way have I mentioned that "Lil Joe" is about 12 going on 30?