Thread: For Bakers Only...

Threaded View

Default Breakfast Epi Baguette

As promised I baked a little fresh bread this morning from my refrigerated stock of sourdough no-knead bread dough. I topped the baguette with egg wash and sesame seeds, then took my kitchen shears and cut the epi style shape to look like a stalk of wheat, and popped in the countertop convection oven for 18 minutes at 450 F. This dough is now 3 days old, and the flavor keeps increasing. I can hardly wait for it to get a bit older. The sesame seeds and teh sourdough flavors just explode in your mouth. I broke off a piece and slathered it with butter while it was still hot from the oven. Magnifique!

You don't need a sourdough to get similar results. Just mix up a normal batch of no-knead dough and leave it on the counter for 6-12 hours, then put it in a sealed container like a Tupperware storage tub, and leave it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. The flavor will continue to develop over time. As you want to make a small loaf, or even the entire recipe, just flour your hands and cut off a chunk, shape it and pop it in the oven.

Fat pants, here I come.
    Last edited by Joe Valencic; 12-22-2008 at 01:10 PM.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains