I've have been baking a lot this year, and one problem I have encountered is maximizing the space in my oven when I'm doing any volume baking. I have been limited to 2 loaves of free-form bread at a time, mainly because of my baking stones and sheets which are about 12" x 17", and my oven will not allow more than one sheet at a time per shelf. I only use one shelf at a time when baking bread.

To remove/reduce this limitation I researched commercial baking sheets and found a 3/4 size sheet which measures 16" x 22", that will hold a double batch of Italian bread or a full recipe of sandwich rolls. It fits nicely on the shelf and allows air circulation on all sides, which is important to even baking.

If you would like to increase the throughput of your oven, consider getting one or two of these pans from your local restaurant supply. I got mine at Bauer Supply in Mentor, Ohio, but this pan does not show up in his online catalog. I just bought the last one in the store, but he'll probably be restocking soon. Call him and he can ship it to you if he has it in stock. I paid $14.50 + tax for each pan, and they are well worth it if you do a lot of baking. You can also get one from here. It's item #4074 and they want $16.99 + s&h.

Joe