+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cold Water Immersion Facts

Default Cold Water Immersion Facts

http://www.nasbla.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1

Guess this didn't work , so you've gotta copy and paste this link to make it work.

Rodgerole
    Last edited by rodgerole; 12-21-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: link didn't work right

Thumbs up

Well, I was waiting for someone else to comment on this post. Nobody has yet, so I will.

I'm a former pool lifeguard, swim team coach, Water Safety Instructor. rogerole's post should be required reading for all new members joining this site. Every person who recreates near or on the water, whether it's wading, swimming, boating, fishing, hunting; whether it's salt water or fresh water; whether it's lake water, pond water, moving water on a stream...EVERYONE should open this link and watch and listen to it.

It's great that 150 people so far have looked at rogerole's post. That's converts to at least 150 "premature funerals" someone's family and friends won't have to dress in black for before attending.

Joe
    "Better small than not at all."

I just watched the video---The water scenes are taken about a 1/4 mile down river from me on the Black River in front of the coast guard station--I recognized the lighthouse as my homeport---the beach scenes are an hour away in Fairport Harbor by the Doughgod.

Last year I saw them chopping holes in the ice and diving below in some coldwater excercize.

I got into the second stage of hypothermia in deep water in the rain on the AuSable---by the time you realize whats happening--you almost cant help yourself. Good symptoms to know and lookout for in cold water wading.
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

http://www.nasbla.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1

Very very good, thank you!

I will share this..
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Thanks rodgerole, That's good stuff to know. Have a blessed new year. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Everyone who ever sets foot on a water craft should see this video! When I was about 17, a friend and myself were trout fishing on opening day here in PA which is in early April, we were fishing a small county owned lake and there were were alot of canoes and rowboats on the water. A pair of anglers (both flyfisherman) were in a canoe about 20 yards off shore directly in front of us and one of the gents stood up and tried to flycast and in the water they went, the air temp was in the 30's and I'd guess the water was at about 45 degrees F. This lake at it's deepest point is 10 feet deep and it was like 6ft. deep where they capsized, they both tried to swim to shore but after less than 30 seconds both were floundering and the older of the two was panicked. My friend and I waded out and helped both of them into shore and others came over to help warm them up. After all was said and done, the only thing those two jerks had to say was that "We lost over $1200 worth of gear!"

JA

Default Video?

hi Rodger: I suppose there's a video somewhere. Where is it located?

+ Reply to Thread