+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troutbugs

Hybrid View

Default Troutbugs

bugs are so difficult to photograph but i like trying. if anyone has a trout bug photo and would like to post it, please post it.

Thumbs up

7x,
    Thanks for the nice photos! I especially like the Mayfly on the Brown's back pic.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Great pic's, may I ask what kind of camera are you using ? I shoot with an Olympus 730 digital and I can't seem to get my photo's to turn out like that. I even lose the color in some of the flies I tie and try to shoot. Any helpful hints?

Default South Fork Stoneflies

Salmonfly nymph.

Golden Stone nymph.

Last edited by JohnScott; 12-17-2008 at 02:03 PM.
    The fish are always right.

Default Teton River Caddis

October caddis adult.

Another angle.

Default great site

if you want a great site for bug photos and info go to www.troutnut.com

Default Golden Stone Nymph

JohnScott: I get a kick out of tying stonefly nymph patterns and I'm always looking for new and easier ties. Can you post a picture and pattern of your golden stone nymph pattern? Nice photos, to all of you.

This damselfly landed on my friend's finger while fishing a lake last summer. A closer look revealed that it was there to finish it's lunch, a calibaetis mayfly.

Salmonflies on the Madison. One with the egg cluster and a view from the underside from the fish's perspective.

Exclamation Wow

Glenn -

WOW !! A couple great pics. The one showing the egg cluster is unique to all the pics of salmonflies I've seen, and that is a bunch of them.

John

+ Reply to Thread