+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleaning/treating with ZipCast

Hybrid View

Default Cleaning/treating with ZipCast

In the picture below, I use an Angler's Image Line Winder & ZipCast on my lines. I have shortened the line length in the picture to best illustrate my method. If you look closely, you can see that after I have spooled my line on the winder, I "loop" the line OUTSIDE one of the winder's "arms" to essentially lock the line in place & apply the ZipCast with 2x2 cotton gun cleaning patches to a taught line. After treating that section of line (usually 2-3 feet), I reel to within a couple inches, "unloop" the line, pull 2-3 more feet out, "loop" it on the arm to lock it again, & treat that section, repeating until the entire line is treated. No repititious washing, drying, treating, etc, etc.....it is all "one step easy"! It's pretty darn fast too.

Any questions, just ask. BTW, when 1 side of the patch gets too soiled, just flip it over. I sometimes can treat 2 lines with one patch.
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Nice, Mikey.

My method involves this:

I just wind the line from the reel to the wooden spool while holding the ZC saturated patch around the line, flip the patch over and wind the line back on the reel. Easily done in under a minute. It takes longer to fill the sink with soapy water!

You're right about the soapy water...never mind the tangled line, drying the line, then treating it. It just doesn't get any easier (or better) than the winder of choice & ZipCast.
    Mikey

Mikey, I too have that line winder. I did not like the 'edges' in the fingers and dressed them to make them smoother. Just fussy I suppose.

Thumbs up

JC,
    It was YOUR FAOL review on that line winder that convinced me to order it. When you combine it's functionality with it's price, durability, & portability, I don't know of a better one that is available.
    Thank you for reviewing it.
    Mikey

I'm with Heritage Angler on this one. I like to have both hands free. Of course I am too cheap to by a fancy one, so I just build my own from the scrap pile in the shop. Works like a charm.

Brad

+ Reply to Thread