Thread: Stream ettiquite

Threaded View

st.croixguy Guest

Default Stream ettiquite

Situation:

Evening hatch (30-45 min of daylight left) on the St.Joe river in Idaho in July. My fishing buddy his son and I pull off and park directly next to our chosen hole to fish for the last bit of daylight. No one was on the water, but in a turn out 200+ yards up stream there was a truck parked with three anglers standing around it looking like they had finished for the day.

My buddy and his son got out and fished the run right at the spot we parked. I headed a few hundred yards down stream. I fished my way down river seeing no one at all catching a few.

Upon my return to the truck, I see that my buddy and his son were bracketed my the three fisheren from the truck upstream. They were so close in fact that their lines were crossing occaisionally. They had wadded directly to the spot my buddy and his son were fishing and and fished right next to them right up untill dark. They could have fished numerious spots upriver where there was no one for at least a mile.

My question is this:
    Should we have walked up the road the 200+ yards to ask them if they were going to fish the hole directly next to our truck?

And:
    How far from another angler's vehicle should I park and fish.

My buddy and his son caught many cutts and had a great evening dispite the other anglers. I caught a few but had a nice time with no one else fishing in sight.

It seemed the other anglers(although they said nothing)total goal was make us mad or to chase us out of the run.

Oppinions appreaciated.

SCG
    Last edited by st.croixguy; 12-11-2008 at 04:00 AM.