Mike,

Something I've really gotten into in recent weeks is taking some of my digital photos to an imaging shop and having the photos enlarged and printed on matte paper. At the shop I go to, I just slip my photo-containing CD (or memory stick) into a machine that pulls up the photos, after which I select what size print I want for each photo.

This is not expensive at all to do. For example, I had a 16" X 24" poster-size enlargement made and it cost me only $15. I then glued the enlargement to a 20" X 30" piece of 3/16-inch thick foam board, trimmed the edges and now I have a nice huge photo of a river campsite on my wall. No expensive wood frame or anything; I prefer just the foam board mount look.

Anyway, not counting the tools needed to accomplish the foam board mounting, that big photo cost me just $18 to change from a digital photo buried in my computer to a beautiful poster portrait.

A couple of my fly fishing buddies and a number of my canoeing buddies don't know it, but they are getting mounted photos like this from me for Christmas. (Not 16" x 24" but still pretty nice-sized shots, and even cheaper to have printed.)

And boy, wouldn't I love it if they tell me they don't need these photos! Right back on my wall they'd go!

Joe
"Better small than not at all."

p.s.: Thanks for citing that quote about going fishing longer when the problems are longer. That one got used on the site's banner page a couple of years ago. It's so true.