+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Environmentalist's Lynch Mob

Cool Governor....

of California really is a fly fisherman...he and his wife frequented a well-known lodge near Victor Montana. He fished for trout on the Bitterroot with the same guide we used. We were told he is not a 'beginner.' Perhaps there is more to the story?

I think that about half of the problems this country is encountering is the result of the judicial system of the 9th circuit. I don't know what has to happen to obliterate it, but I'd line up to see it happen.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Default More Info

Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

For some reason this stinks like the whole peta "fishing is cruel" campaign. Maybe it's the same thing wearing different clothing? The whole argument smacks of idiocy. Obviously no one bothered to listen to the experts from the DFW...
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

Default That's Montana

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    of California really is a fly fisherman...he and his wife frequented a well-known lodge near Victor Montana. He fished for trout on the Bitterroot with the same guide we used. We were told he is not a 'beginner.' Perhaps there is more to the story?
    I agree that he can fish. He's just not friendly to non blue ribbon waters in the state he wants to control. I don't claim to understand budget balancing and running a state. As a taxpayer and a contributor to the economy of this state I feel shafted by some of his actions.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/dbachere/...udgetcuts.html ?

This article says some of it. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    ...Perhaps there is more to the story?
    Not likely. Don't have anything more to work with than the articles that Doug linked. BUT ...

The story seems pretty simple. The CA DFG is in violation of a law ( CEQA ) enacted some time ago by the CA legislature. A group with the right and standing to challenge the DFG on the violation did so in an appropriate court. The judge on the case saw the merits of the the challenge. The DFG agreed it was in violation of the law and voluntarily settled for what it thought was a very good deal after what it described as tough negotiations.

There are numerous stories, some true and some fictional, some in history, some in literature, and some in the movies about lynch mobs that got it wrong and hung the wrong person because they didn't take time to look at the facts and the law. Somehow this thread reminds me of those lynch mob stories.

John
    The fish are always right.

Blog Entries

Not a lot of thought or planning went into many of the planting programs. What do we get? Overpopulated stunted brook trout, browns preying on natives, planted rainbows pushing out and interbreeding with the native cutts, redbands, and goldens, striped bass eating anything they can run down including native salmon smolts...the list goes on. An environmental impact report before a fish planting program sounds like good planning.

Greg

I would invite everyone to join this organization. They fight stuff like this all the time.:

www.sharetrails.org
    They support responsible use of OUR public lands.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

+ Reply to Thread