+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Environmentalist's Lynch Mob

Hybrid View

Question No Trout Planting

Last edited by DShock; 12-08-2008 at 05:48 AM.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

what a miserable nightmare!
    Steve

Absolutely incredible..that's all I can say. What will these enviro-nazis do next? Is the state going to appeal this decision before caving in to the wackos?
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

What will the enviro-nazi's do next; any damn thing we let them. We've gone along these past 50 years with the, "it really doesn't effect me, so let them have it" attitude, so here we are. And, this attitude has effected ALL facets of our "used to be" society.

What did one commentator say recently; the past "event" was like millions of turkeys applauding for Thanksgiving.

Don't have to give them their inch, they've taken their mile and they're running with it. what's the definition of "terrorism": a few using tactics to scare or intimidate the many into compliance......

T-h-i-n-k a-b-o-u-t i-t.

Jim

The late George Carlin said it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw

And I for one, embrace his rational approach to this insanity. Wackos...
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

What would you expect from crazed lunatics! These people are nuts. I sure hope Nobama can keep them at bay. Just be glad we didn't have Gore as President!

Take your recreation $$ to another state. Don't visit Kaifornia until they start begging on their knees for tourist $$. The idiots are NUTS! Let them sleep in the bed they made. I've had to here with enviro-nuts. They are a BIG reason this economy is in the tank!!

Let me tell you this has nothing to do with "fishing" nor the frogs. This is an attack on RECREATION. They attacked us dirt bikers for years. I guess they have turned on fishermen now. Make no mistake this is about trying to stop recreation. They could care less about the frogs.
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 12-08-2008 at 04:52 PM.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Thumbs down As a resident

of the state in the article I am and have for years been appalled by the environmentalists attempts to control the planet.
    A number of years ago we were told that the golden trout stocking in the high sierras would have to stop because they (golden trout) were a danger to the yellow legged frog. So are mountain garter snakes and burrowing owls. Maybe even pacific rattlesnakes. You don't see those people up there squasing snakes and birds. I think its all hogwash. Just one more way for the tree huggers to stop us from doing something we love to do where we love to do it.
    The article that spawned this thread says 1/3 of the license fees in CA goes to the fish hatcheries and stocking programs. The Governator has taken away a lot of that money and put it in the general fund. He is not friendly to outdoors types. The result of that has been the closing and cutbacks of hatcheries statewide. The stocking program should not be cut back to protect critters that are genetically bound to pass the way of the dinosaur. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Very disturbing to see this happen anywhere. The eco-whacks have an ulterior motive on most of the suits they file. They are trying to remove "the public" from public lands so they can have their own private playground. It really isn't about the frogs--it's about denying access. This is only the beginning of the suits over this particular situation. They also choose sympathetic judges and not only do they win the suit, they are awarded their legal fees to be paid for by the government entity. The taxpayers get drilled twice--They have to pay the legal fees of the enviros who have pushed the people out. Defenders of Wildlife and The Center for Biological Diversity use the Southern Environmental Law Center as their legal arm. It is a fund raiser, a money machine that pays their salaries and keeps them going.

Do a google search---Southern Environmental Law Center lawsuits against the National Parks Service and see what you come up with. You might get as mad as I am right now.

a true and genuine environmentalist would never do something like this. He or she would explore the real reason for the frog decline which is happening all over the country and in places where there are no fish. Frogs and pollywogs spend most of there lives in shallow water. How many trout live in three or four inches of water? Not many and rarely if ever. These are not environmentalists, they are jerks.

That is ridiculous. I am sure they are a minority, but it is a shame that so few in number can rule the rest of us.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

+ Reply to Thread