Thread: Marbleizing Part 2 "The Reel"

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Wink

Skip.......I used Testors. My understanding is that Taps are dyes, but I could be mistaken.

PS......I also found out that Testors has dull coat paints in the little bottoles, which would be great to use if you dont want a gloss coat or if you were to choose a camo pattern.

Nobody I've read about is using or has tried Automotive sign painters paint, it is oil base I know because I used to do pin striping with it and comes in a zillion colors. For now I know Testors works and it seems most are using it probably more to do with easy access than anything else and a variety of colors. Also you might want to pick up some epoxy brush cleaner, great for cleaning up the brushes and most Rod building suppliers carry it. I also had another thought too.....Airbrushing........I have an airbrush , but never learned how to master it, mostly because I never spent much time trying..........got me thinking about it though...lol ..............lastly , take a look at some of the colored reels some companies are offering. Everyone belts you good in the pocketbook just for a color. Granted they are anodized, but when was the last time anybody had epoxy chip off their wraps? Best part about this process is you get to choose your own color or color mix at a fraction of the cost,
    and if you do need to touch it up....it's a snap!..........Ed
    Last edited by ET custom flyrods; 12-10-2008 at 09:46 PM.