Thread: Planning A Trip

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Planning A Trip

I am planning on heading south for a few months this winter -- leaving in January coming back in April -- my thoughts are to get somewhere WARMER than up here in the Great White North so I can fish -- but more to practise my casting prior to taking my FFF certification in March -- I'm hoping to line up some time with a few instructors to fine tune my casting (already have two lined up -- one in Georgia, the other in Tennessee) -- I'm planning on hitting Tennessee first then head to Georgia and then???? before heading to Arkansas for FFF course -- any suggestions regarding places to fish, places to eat, and even to stay (prefer cheap as on a budget, but still must be good and clean) would be appreciated -- hopefully might even bump into some of you on the water
    Tight Lines,
    Mike
    P.S. I'm also going to keep a journal of my trip -- if there's any interest I'd be willing to post daily "journal" entries
    Last edited by Mike Ormsby; 12-05-2008 at 04:10 PM.
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby