+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International Swap

Hybrid View

Default International Swap

This swap is now Mailed! JGW

Okay, this one is costly due to the postage. Since this is an international site, I'll take two swappers from each country involved be it the U.S., Holland, Norway, Chile, NZ (Jeff Hamm?) . . . whereever, whatever. Pike to trout. Your choice. Limit 12 tiers. Sign up is prior to Christmas, say December 26. Due to logistics let's air for a deadline by Valentine's Day -- that would be February 14, 2009 for the unaware. I'm in on this one, so one more person from the States. Any water type, any fly ? salt, warm or trout. Send the flies to John G. White, Box 672, Clara City, MN 56222. Make sure you provide return envelops with the correct postage stamps.
    1. White43 - USA - Panhandler (TIED)
    2. Mr. Blur - USA - TBD (RECEIVED)
    3. Gringo - Australia - (RECEIVED)
    4. Uncle Barry - Australia - Softies (RECEIVED
    5. Mike Ormsby - Canada (RECEIVED)
    6. Paul W. - Netherlands (Once & Away) (RECEIVED)
    7. Hans - Netherlands (Klinkies) (RECEIVED)
    8. Greenock - Scotland (CDC Shuttlecock Buzzers) RECEIVED)

Also, please state the country you're representing! Thanks. JGW
    Last edited by white43; 03-14-2009 at 12:48 PM.

I'll play along for this one, john.

thanks.

mgj

I just saw this.... guess I won't have a chance to get anything done before Christmas but if the date is later I will be able to.... Would be great to see some interest in these.

I may regret this but put me in for Oz.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Hi,

This looks like a great idea. I'm flying out to Canada in just over a weeks time, and won't be taking my tying gear with me otherwise I would be in.

- Jeff

Hey, I'm new to this stuff but it sounds fun. If I were to go in this would you be able to guide me though the process. Heres a little bit about me. I have only been tying for 1 yr. I live in eastern Canada and absolutely love to Fly Fish and tie flies. I understand if you want someone more expirienced at tying, just tell me.

Thanks, Nic
    Last edited by PEISalmo.BrookieHntr; 12-05-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    "May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it" -Irish blessing

Gringo and Hamm --- the sign up is before Christmas, then there is a long month or so to get the flies in. I'd like them by February 14, but due to international mailing, etc., that can be flexible. Nic, you're in. There is a post at the start by Bassman that pretty much gives all the pertinent details on how to submit a swap. I'll put all three of you down. Okay? If not, PM me. Thanks. JGW

a pair of unnamed wet flies will go into the mail today.

sorry for taking so long.

mgj
    Last edited by mr. blur; 02-10-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Flies were sent before end of January -- did they arrive???? First post still shows as not yet received.
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

Tied up my other flies hopefully get them sent out on monday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ormsby View Post
    Flies were sent before end of January -- did they arrive???? First post still shows as not yet received.
    Still wondering if received?????
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

+ Reply to Thread