Thread: Elkhorn Bamboo Fly Rod Kit.

Threaded View

Hey guys

Sorry I haven't responded before this but I have been sick with a cold flu-ish thing since Saturday night.

Mike: I had a great last meal with you. I went to work Saturday and that's all she wrote for me till about 20 minutes ago my first venture out of bed since.

Jimmy: If I didn't tear your Jim Brown card in half you're not even aloud to look at it. It may not have been Jim Brown since he was a rookie in 57 or 58. I think 58; but anyhow I tore some sports card in half. Maybe it was Ray Fossy

Betty: Sweet, sweet Betty. There is no doubt in my mind that I could build this rod. It's just that I would need to find a new place to live to do so. The soonest I could get into rod building would be when I finish the wood work in the dinning room, paint the dinning room, up stairs hall way and my office. Put in a second bath down stairs. Finnish the basement, build a retaining wall for the back yard, strip and re-shingle the roof, rebuild the garage (see retaining wall), build a swing set and paint the house. Then and only then will I be able to even think of building a rod. This list is subject to change with any natural catastrophe. But one day I will build my own rods mark my words.

Ohiofly: The Dial brothers in a pub fight now wouldn't that be something. I have no wish to fight me brother.

Jeremy: Thank you for your congrats. I can't tell you how hard it is to fight the urge to build rods. I am sure it will only add to the enjoyment I already have in this sport. I don't know maybe I will.

Ivan: I have been keeping my eye on your post in the rod building section and you have some reel talent (pun intended). I just may give it a shot when I have some time.

Brad: A Kusse Reel would be a very nice complement to this rod. If the island nation were ever to take sides we would be in the right.

Now that I think of it the wife and kids go on a vacation in July for a week maybe I could do it then.

All The Best,
    Sean
    Last edited by Lake Erie High Ball; 12-09-2008 at 01:29 AM. Reason: ops
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!