I tend to agree with the previous poster in the respect that I would be unlikely to fish waters with regulations that prevented me from using techniques I like, but I live far away from the east coast and am unlikely to go there to fish in any case. I'm also not totally convinced that the new regulations would provide environmental benefits or that the "sanctuary" effect of these regulations would significantly increase either the overall health of fish, their size or their numbers. Besides, this year I replaced the crumbling full wells on one of my old beater grangers with a non-traditional fatter-than-normal half wells grip, and I don't want to be blacklisted!

On the other hand though, I think there's room for all sorts of different approaches and if you and your neighbors and other NH sportsmen want to set aside some areas for traditional techniques only, more power to you! I love to see flyfishers who are excited about their local waters. We need more people who care about rivers and fish, and one way to achieve that is by giving local folks more input into how their natural resources are regulated. If you haven't already, you should float the idea in front of local clubs and organizations to get more information. Maybe you can even finagle some firm or group into providing you with an EIA, which would give you more ammo when you go up against the bureaucrats.

It's an interesting idea. I'm curious to see how it turns out.