flybop,

Actually, I was hoping that someone else would write that specific types of flies are not mentioned in the petition; however, no one has. So, since you and a few others seem to misunderstand the petition to be "dry flies only", I will clarify. Streamers, wet flies, nymphs, dry flies are/were/should be all used on the FFO sections of our rivers. Nothing in the petition excludes these flies or insinuates that fishing a dry fly is more sporting than a streamer. Nowhere in the petition or my subsequent posts did I offer insult to anyone - if you wish to take insult, remember that it wasn't offered. : ) Quotes from Wulff and others were employed to demonstrate the concept of sanctuary; any remarks about difficulty in fishing were necessary to the context.

I fish streamers and bucktails. I fish dries and wets. I don't have any nymphs, not because I wouldn't fish them but because I have never taken the time to learn to do it properly and have always been made to understand that it is a science of its own. So, instead of using nymphs (which were not commonly tied when I started fly fishing) I use wet flies. Here are some of my wet fly boxes:
http://www.overmywaders.com/wetflies1.jpg

If they look unused, it's because they are; the used flies are in other boxes. When I am about to use one, I typically clip the wing to half its thickness and may remove some of the hackle. They don't look as pretty, but they fish better. BTW, if I needed a Prince nymph, I could take a Coachman, shorten the wing to a stub, scruff it a bit, remove some hackle, and voila - a Prince. I wouldn't know what to do with it, but if you ever need one...

Now, flybop, please indicate where I have written anything which insulted you or others. If you looked at my blog you will find numerous references disparaging my own piscatorial abilities; where did I insult anyone else? Chapter and verse, please, I want to learn the error of my ways.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Reed
http://www.overmywaders.com/

The Contemplative Angler (Blog)