Thread: Georgia - FISHING FOR VETS DAY

Threaded View

Default Georgia - FISHING FOR VETS DAY

Here is a thank you note from Ken (founder of FlyFishngForVets.com)

I just wanted to share this link below with all of you that have supported Fly Fishing for Vets and yesterday's "Georgia's Fishing for Vets Day". We had 90 volunteers out yesterday braving 20 degree temperatures in the early morning to fish with our Wounded Warriors. Unfortunately there were soldiers that could not attend because of the cold. Steel plates and rods can make a normal day miserable forget about adding cold to the misery. However the temperature did not stop the volunteers from having a great time and the veterans leaving with grins from ear to ear.

The GA DNR stocked the river where we had the event with over 2,500 trout. Every trout organization was represented as well as many of the guide services and stores. We very much appreciate all the donations that were made to support the cause. Without that and the work of so many people none of this would have taken place. I have been asked if we can do it again. The short answer is yes if we can get the same support we had yesterday, and yes I will accept your help.

We definitely appreciate the GA National Guard and there soldiers for providing the three tents that made eating lunch a little more comfortable. Speaking of food it was delicious and to share it with these heroes' made it taste even better. Again, speaking of sharing, because so many trout fisherman attending this rendezvous they ran into friends they haven't see in some case for over a year.

In one of the pictures you'll see the veterans in the river with their fishing buddies while the other volunteers line the shore. It's too bad there's no sound to what was taking place. Those on shore were hopping and hollering every time a vet caught a fish or it jumped off the hook. And man did the buddy take it when that happened.

I hope you enjoy this and view it in the large screen mode, because you made it happen. I would ask you to remember all our servicemen and woman serving here and around the world in your prayers as you sit down for your Thanksgiving dinner. It's a short film so sit back and enjoy.

http://www.visualtour.com/show.asp?T=1741207&prt=10003

Thanks for your support,
    Last edited by Mike Popick; 11-25-2008 at 06:55 PM.