+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret Pirate Meeting

Default Secret Pirate Meeting

This is just a reminder to all the pirates from the Florida area that we will be having a meeting (read fishing) on November 12th at the Skyway Flats. For those of you not familiar with the Skyway Flats contact me or one of the other Florida Pirates and we can give you Directions;

FCCH This is your first pirate meeting so bring plenty of Rum..

I will get with the locals by e-mail and we will pick a restaurant to have breakfast at, any that want to come during the day I will have my cell phone contact me for the number. We will probably meet at the north Skyway rest Area as a gathering place.

Do not tell any of those trout fishing people cause they don't have the equipment to even catch our bait fish.

If you are coming to fish, I was out last week and my son lost a 6 foot porpoise and a 4 foot wide ray. The bait fish are back and I found no evidence of Red Tide. Thanks God!

I do not think we will fish the tides because we really are going to do some planning. With purebs not being able to host and me being back on cancer treatments we will need to figure out something else. I still have the information from the first fish-in and could easily get it ready again, we would just have to find a place to eat on Sunday and what ever else we decide to do..

Just remember this is for the fun of it, and anyone from FAOL is invited to the secret meeting, we need about 12 more rookies.

Pray south Florida is still around next week. Wilma is mad and looking to kill someone. I sure hope she sneaks between Florida and Cuba.

See all of you on the 12th.

Harold

HH,
    You spoke about the red tide, isn't that whats washed out of the watermelon shirt that Dude has?
    Hope you all have fun it's getting dow to the 20's at night here.

12 MORE rookies, there must be alot of sharks around this time of year, or are you just short on chum?

jed

Jed;

The rumor is that we will be having 12 fish-ins, but the sharks are a little bit more aggressive since they have won the last 3 battles in Florida. You know rookies just are not what they used to be.

Harold

Guess I'll have to tie up some more of those 9" to foot long chum flies if there's going to be more pirate wanna bees in attendance!

good luck to u all.....just heard there's one more already after wilma

------------------
    do what u like, like what u do

ARR MATES!
    I'm a rookie pirate, having just moved to Florida a couple of months ago. I drink plenty of rum, and have aquired the proper pirate tackle. I live in Tallahassee, so I don't know if I can make it all the way down there, but we'll see.

Dave;

Pull Miss Daisy and the boat and get the heck north. You were too close last.time, if you need anything come on up, I'll store your flies if need be.....

We are going to be on the outside edge of the cone, so we should be ok, wind and rain will be our worse parts and maybe a tornado. But there is a trailer park with in 3 miles of my house so it should hit there instead of my house. I do not understand why tornados are attracted to mobile homes but here it seems they are..

Okie_Noodler come on down if you can, you get a special place in line at breakfast being the flats rookie you get to choose your breakfast first. And since you are paying for it please choose what you really want to eat. It could be a long day and we do not want you to get hungry while fishing with us pirates. (we sneak snacks in our vest and pockets) carry at least one bottle of water with you.

One of your jobs is if the weather is cool you must watch the Flats Dude, he can get a chill very quickly, and we do not want anyone sick.

But come on down, and if you cannot make it on the 12th just watch for the Fish-in dates and plan your vacation.

Harold

Spent the last 3 days cutting & fitting plywood to cover all but 1 of the windows & had to take everything out of the little temporary sheds & put most of the outdoor stuff back in the shed Hurricane Charley moved 2 1/2 feet west. Maybe this time we'll get lucky with just 100 mph winds as compared to the 174 mph winds of last year. Didn't have the time to tie up some of those 12/13 weight flyrod shark flies & it looks like the next week is going to be more work outside the house, but just gotta flyfish at the fish-in meeting. Was going to suggest a couple of places near here, but who knows what Hurricane Wilmas winds will do ? Thanks for the invite......

Harold,

Remember I was a rookie once, shark bait too and I survived. I do remember fishing the surf off Honeymoon Island during the last Fish-In and I saw a fin about 25 yards away. That got my mind to working pretty quickly on how fast I can get back to shore; then when the fish came out of the water I was relieved to see it was a dolphin. So I just went back to what I was doin' and forgot about sharks.

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    Laugh at yourself first and all else falls into place
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:aa3dc]FlyReelDots.com[/url:aa3dc]
    FAOL Sponsor
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

+ Reply to Thread