+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanking our sponsors

Thank you all. Remember, they love to hear that you appreciate their sponsorship. Let them know any time you get a chance. It sure helps us out too.

Yes Sir, Thank you sponsors! it is so nice to be able to enjoy a site without ads, banners, pop-ups etc. Looking through the list, I realized I do own several products made by our sponsors; 3 TFO, 3 St. Croix and 1 Cortland rod, 1 Scientific Angler reel and many lines, Cortland line, 1 Sage reel, several hundred Mustad hooks, BT's Danvise and tying station and probably some other's I'm missing. Way to go, and thanks again. Know that when I have to make a gear choice, your FAOL sponsorship gets the scales tipped in your favor.
    Tom.
    Last edited by Scooter; 11-19-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Blog Entries

There was a thread a while back where someone asked how many of the FAOL sponsors have you purchased from. I guessed that it was about 5 or 6 but when I went down the list on the sponsor page I was really suprised to see that it was over 30. You get so used to them that you actually sometimes forget who they are. I have never had a problem with one of our sponsors or their products so I really can't say how good or bad their service is.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Just had a interaction with one of our sponsers here today. Hook and Hackle. I have never been a great fan and used them when I had to. I believe I spoke with Russ not sure who it was but wow! They had a credit card problem with my credit card on a order. We got it cleared up and the order placed. I then said I forgot I guess I am to tell you I am a member of FAOL. Instantly he said well the special ended last night but I will give you a 10% discount on your order. That was nice but he also went on to tell me about the new line of hardy reels (god I want one can't afford it just yet) and then we moved on to fly line. I told him the type of line I used (Aquanova) and where I got it. Even though I have rarely ordered from them I was treated with respect and courtisey. I got off the phone thinking WOW what a great company. Just thought I would share this with you all

Default Our sponsors

Last weekend I attended the Bob Marriot's Flyfishing Educational Fair in Fullerton, CA. While there I sought out the reps from companies I knew are sponsors of FAOL, introduced myself, and thanked them for sponsoring this site. I even went to Bob M's desk and pumped him up about FAOL. All in all it was a good show. I met some nice people, learned how to tie some different flies, and had a good time. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

They are a nice outfit, we're grateful for their support over the years.

+ Reply to Thread