Thread: Use a 1wt to target ? fish & type of fishing?

Threaded View

Default Use a 1wt to target ? fish & type of fishing?

Sorry to be redundant here. But I learned an awful lot following the 2wt thread. I hope to learn as much here....although the subject may be getting a bit long in the tooth for some.

Is there that much difference between a 4wt and a 5 wt? I ask to lead to my main question. Is there that much difference between a 2wt and a 1wt. (Just purchased a 1wt line) so not just being a copy cat here. Really would like to here from all the guys that know so much. There is even an ought wt rod. Sooooo.....what would one use a 1wt rod for. Panfish as well? Streams?....panfish on a lake? AND.....how big a fish can you play and land on a 1wt rod. Now that I think about it I don't know why I want to know.....
    I wouldn't fish a 1wt for possible lunkers anyway. I do have an area I want to try a 1wt...but it is for very wild 3-5 inch fish only. Now that I think about it....I wouldn't use a 1wt on my stream where I was pondering all the thoughts about a 2wt anyway.

But the pros and cons still interest me. I hope a bunch of you will make some kind of comments whether pro or con. I just wanna know....ya know? I just want to read an learn as much about a 1wt as I have now read and learned about a 2wt. I guess I am just an incurable optimist and untrainable as well.

Gemrod
    Last edited by Gemrod; 11-16-2008 at 03:45 AM.