Thread: ff club outing

Threaded View

Default ff club outing

I was invited to go on an outing with a nearby flyfishing club to a private pond and of course I said okie dokie. Nice bunch of fellas there. I was even encouraged to join. The meetings are about 40 miles away but so is the fishing. I showed up a little after 8 am and met some of the guys. John, the pres, told me most had already caught and released about a dozen each. I thought I was early. I tooled up, slipped on my waders and proceded to try to outdo them. I tied on a brown bugger to start with. After about an hour I caught my first one. A cute little 9 inch rainbow. Most were using woolie buggers, some were using scuds and some had on bead head nymphs.
    One feller was using drys and seemed to be having a good time so I tied on a little caddis and every cast after that I was slammed. I finally lost it to a nice passing trout so I tied on an elk hair caddis in a size 14 and started slamming them again. My PB was a healthy 18 incher. Next best was a 14. In all I caught 10 and had a good time. I will join the club at their next meeting. Then I can play with them all the time. I am really glad I finally hooked (pun intended) up with a local club. I used my cell phone camera so the pics ain't the best. The fish by my boot is a 14 incher. The one on the right is 18". Jimsnarocks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim