I finally bit the bullet and bought one. Was waiting for the prices to become 'reasonable'. Have been checking out features and prices for a few months now.
The girls at the office and I went to lunch one day and they wanted to go to the mall afterward(barf!).
I decided to see what Sears had in the line of TVs. Low and behold they had a new Vizio 120hz 42" LCD on sale for $1099! I knew I wanted a 120hz because the motion blur of high def TVs really bothered me. I didn't even know what the term was or what the problem was but I knew the blur of movement bothered me. I learned that 120hz TVs helped this out immensely. So it bit the bullet.
LOVE IT! This is a great TV for the price. Watched the Virginia Tech/ Miami game and Jets/Bills game last night and saw things I never imagined! At one point in the college game a player had(previously) dropped a green mouthpiece on the green grass and it stood out like a sore thumb.....just laying there. I doubt you could even see it if you looked for it with a regular TV.
Got it mounted above the fireplace and hid the wires in the wall so nothing shows(took about 4 days of working on it a few hours per night). But it was well-worth it. I have the cable box mounted behind the TV with the sensor just at the top to the TV where the box can't be seen, but the remote works fine. This way I could use the HDMI cable that came with the TV and not have to buy an EXPENSIVE, longer one. My God those things are expensive! I saw one in Best Buy that was 35 ft long and cost $275!!!