Night Angler1 sent me a box of flies to try out here in SE Idaho.

The larger fly is his "PMS" ( for Pine Marabou Streamer ) and the smaller one is his "Hibernator". He sent me both weighted and unweighted versions of both flies.

Under tough fishing conditions on the South Fork of the Snake, the PMS managed a 17" brown, took a really hard whack by another big fish, and landed a couple smaller browns.

Under somewhat better conditions on another stretch of the South Fork, the Hibernator accounted for three browns in about fifteen minutes - one about 12", one about 19", and this fine (17") fellow.

Both these flies have great profiles and excellent movement in the water. No doubt they will catch trout wherever trout have baitfish and sculpins to forage on. Leonard mentioned one time that he fishes them as leeches in stillwater with great success, also. Don't recall if he mentioned using them for warmwater species and I don't have any experience on warmwater so I can't speak to that.

Leonard is preparing submissions for both these flies for Fly of the Week. Take heed. These are streamers you need to take seriously.

John