Thread: Rude encounter

Threaded View

Default Rude encounter

Was flyfishing this weekend and we happened on a strech we usually fish. There were 3 people fishing it. I fished the top of the run where there was no one. I could see the fish weren't there, so I decided to fish the bottom of the run, again where there was no one. As I started behind the three fisher(persons) and telling them I was coming behind them, the middle guy comes out of his spot and proceeds to the bottom of the run. I thought, well I will take the spot he vacated. As I did the person below(a woman) rushed upstream to block me off. I thought, well that sure wasn't nice.
    I proceeded to the lower section, below the fella that just left that spot and I fished for a while. I decided to head back up because that middle section was open again. As I entered into the spot...AGAIN.. the woman rushed upstream to block me. This time I held my ground and started casting. Then she says "A little close aren't we". I responded with "I wasn't until you rushed up here". With that she backed off a bit.
    Later she came up to me to apologize and basically I ingored her.
    What a ..B....!
    If you are that person and frequent this site, I will tell you one thing. If you were a guy, I'd have decked yer a..!
    We ran into a local guide and friend and he told us who it was(without as much as a description) because she is known for doing that kind fo thing as they own the land next to that spot and think it's their personal stream. We were fishing from the other side of the stream from their land, if you are thinking we were on their land. Seems to me, they'd clear the area on their side and fish from there and avoid such.
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 11-10-2008 at 03:52 PM.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.