+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Renzetti vises

Hybrid View

Question Renzetti vises

Why is there such a wide range of prices on Renzetti vises? I don't have a shop nearby but in catalogs they all seem very much alike with little explanation about details. Thanks

2. Default

Here are several links that should answer your question about Renzetti vises. I have a Renzetti Traveler that I’ve tied with for over 15 years, and I wouldn’t trade it for any vise. I’ve tied many thousands of flies from bass bugs to midges, and it works as well as the day I bought it. There are very few things in this world that you buy and are completely satisfied with – this is one - and it’s the cheapest of the bunch. Good luck.

http://flyfisherman.com/ftb/hwvise/index15.html

http://flyfisherman.com/ftb/hwvise/index16.html

http://flyfisherman.com/ftb/hwvise/index17.html
    Last edited by afishinado; 11-09-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Red face Same question, for years

Hi Ray,

I've been considering a Renzetti Traveler for a number of years because of posts like Afishinado's. Renzetti users seem to have a very strong feeling for their vises or perhaps I should say their vices. My conclusions and my questions are the same as yours. The "bang for the buck" is clearly in the Traveler. I don't see what would make the other Renzetti vises worth $200-$400 more. I believe the personal enjoyment of using the "best of the best" may have something to do with it. Since my 401K recently became a 101K, I believe I'll stick with my Regal and two very nice and very usable knock-off vises that we warn newbies about all the time. Just my 2% of a dollar, I'm sure others will disagree. 8T

Default renzetti

I too use a traveler, it is a good vise, the only changes I would make would be a 4 inch longer stem to raise it higher and a heavier base. It is a good product that could be tweaked a little. But i have now idea why thereis such a variance in price, it does not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Thumbs View Post
    I believe I'll stick with my Regal and two very nice and very usable knock-off vises that we warn newbies about all the time.
    If you're tying on a Regal, I think you're already tying on one of the best anyhow!
    Mark 1:17

Normand Guest

different quality level in each one

similar to automobiles. why is cadillac more expensive than chevrolet from the same company?

You may also see some good prices when a model such as the traveler changes. There were very good prices recently on the closeout version of that model.
    Good Tying and Good Fishing!
    Bob

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Question Quality by what measure or scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Normand View Post
    different quality level in each one

similar to automobiles. why is cadillac more expensive than chevrolet from the same company?
    Hi Normand,

I think that Ray and I are asking what is the measure of this quality difference. Better finish? Harder jaws? More holding power? We don't see much difference other than price between the Renzetti models and the company's descriptions don't answer this question. Forgive me, Ray, if I've spoken out of turn or misinterpreted your post. 8T

+ Reply to Thread