I read this thread further about warrenty vs wear and tear. To me wear and tear on the Master or the Presentation 4000 is the O ring, and a spring and on the Presentaion 4000 the tensioning screw that is made out of nylon. Now to me I consider a screw snapping that was not over tightened or the jaws broke and agian from not being over tightened or maybe the entire shaft siezed for no apparent reason and not due to neglect or lack of care for your vise. The parts kit costs for the Master is $8.95 and is nice to keep on hand. I will tell you that I have a spares kit for my Master and my Presentation 400 and have never used it once. I tye a ton of flies on these vises and they show no sings of wear or stopping. I hate it when some one has had a vise for 10 years and wants it to be replaced due to their neglect or a stupid replacement part went like an O ring. To me the warrenty is a nice thing to make me feel comfortable buying a product that the manufacture has high quality level on. To me Renzetti vises are the best. They are beautiful pieces of work that just last. I feel when you buy either the Presentaion 4000 or the Mast, you have the last vise that you will ever tye on.