+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking For A Book

Question Looking For A Book

I do not know the author. The title is "The History of Camp Hoover" I just heard about it this afternoon while watching "Fly rod Chronicles with Chris Flemming" by the time I wrote down the title I missed everything else.
    It's about Hoovers Fly Fishing Camp in VA. I have googled, yahoo'd, Amatoed and no luck.

Dave
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Ohio:

I wish I had an definitive answer for you but the Hoover Camp is also known as the Rapidan Camp and is in the Shenandoah National Park.

If there is a specific book on the camp two good sources for finding out more information would be the National Park Service at Shenandoah National Park and Harry Murray who is an authority on the region and the streams.

Besides that; Herbert Hoover wrote a book which I have a copy of that is titled: "Fishing for Fun" written in 1963. It is more of a group of essays about the virtues of fishing than a how to book. It doesn't mention the camp BTW.

Good luck in your search!

Try the bibliography at the end of this article. It's got to be there somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapidan_Camp

Bob

Fatman Guest

Dave

If you want to find out for sure email the Fly Rod Chronicles or check the site it may be listed. http://www.flyrodchronicles.tv/

Fatman

+ Reply to Thread