Seveal of you have asked,
"What on Earth made you move to Tennessee?!".
Well, today,November 2nd, it was 75 with clear blue skys. I fished the Elk River from 1 pm. till sunset. Caught 12 nice trout and it's going to be the same tomorrow! We get 60+ days in Dec & Jan also.
I used to travel 8 miles (1 way) over mostly dirt roads to get to the grocery store. It was 30+ miles to the nearest Wally World, K Mart, or Lowe's. My utility bills were.....ugh!! My favorite river was 50 miles away. Closest fly shops were in Baldwin 38 miles West.
I still live "In the country" but only have 3 miles of paved road to travel to the gorcery store. Lowe's is 5 miles and Wally World is somewhere in between. My utility bills are about 75% lower. Now my favorite river is 17 miles away and the fly shop is 14.
Very nice people here and I've made a lot of good fast friends.
The Summer can be a little tough fishing as it does get hot and humid but I've learned were to park my car so it's in the shade when I decide to quit for the day.
And, if I were in Michigan I'd be sitting here, not having done a thing all day, not writing this!! Instead I'm sitting here writing this after spending the afternoon and evening wading in 460 cfs of 50+ degree water catching, and missing, trout as the trees around me turn to the wonderful hues of fall.