It is with a heavy heart that I come to my FAOL family with a prayer request. On Thursday, I learned that my good friend for the past decade, Eric Schubert from Hayden, ID is not well. Eric spent his career in Los Angeles, as a police officer, making a positive difference in the lives of everyone around him. Eric has always been a man of faith, a great husband, father, grandfather and friend. When he came to North Idaho, he was always an integral part of the North Idaho Flycasters in Coeur d'Alene, and the Western Rocky Mountain Council of the FFF. Eric was a regular contributor to FFF events as a featured fly tier and wrote a monthly column for the local newspaper regarding tying flys and flyfishing. Eric has taught hundreds of people to flyfish and to tie flys. In doing so, he has instilled them with a sence of responsibility towards nature and to his fellow man.

Please keep Eric and his family in your prayers. He won't be with us much longer and he will be greatly missed.

Yesterday, I fished some of our favorite places on the North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene River. An awful lot of terrific memories were made there. Godspeed my friend...