+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big ups to Albright

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Big ups to Albright

Ordered a GP7/8s reel and spare spool along with a 10' 6wt A5 on Monday, received a FREE gear bag (bonus item for orders of $175 or more). Told the guys I needed the stuff by Thursday afternoon (today), and had it at my door YESTERDAY, despite the fact that they are 3-5 days behind filling current orders. They were courteous enough to 'triage' my order so I could get the goods before a big fishin' trip.

So THANK YOU to the folks at Albright!

FWIW I laid out an entire WF8F line lawn casting last night. I can only imagine what it will do with the 6wt Clouser line that I spooled up this morning!

Not affiliated, just very satisfied. Will report on reel performance after tangling with WNY lake-runs this weekend.

Marty

Yep, I could not resist an Albright GP76342, a 3/4 weight rod, and a Bugati 3/4 reel. Without line it weighs about 8oz. Had a great chat with the guy at the other end of the phone and he threw in some 3wt line. Even without the line $80 including shipping is a good deal. I put it all together and cast it for a while and like it. It looks good, feels good, and didn't cost much. I won't really know how it works til next spring but am currently very happy with my purchase! A great sale!

Joe

I have a 5pce 3wt Albright that I like and could not resist picking up a GP reel an extra spool and another 5pce 6wt. Got the notice it was shipped today so I imagine with the sale they have been quite busy.(I was in no hurry)
    From reports I have heard they are doing a good job at direct sales and the customer service has been personable.
    Darn...I should have picked up a Spey Rod too.........

Here's the follow-up.

I really, really dig the GP7/8s reel. I lined it with WF6F clouser and 150 yds of gel-spun backing. The drag is pretty stout - I got down and dirty with a 20-lb king yesterday morning and was able to really slow him down, though I wasn't targeting the salmon.

The rod WAS nice the first day. A ten-footer really helps keep line off the water for high-stick indie fishing. The A5 has a soft enough tip for good roll casts while helping to protect that tippet on strikes during the swing.

HOWEVER - second morning out, ten casts in the tip section BROKE. Likely due to an untimely encounter with a weighted streamer (i.e. user error), so it will be going back to Albright.

All that in mind, I am still very pleased with the purchase. I fought a half-dozen steelhead up to 8 lbs on the A5. Handled the clouser line exquisitely well and was light in hand. A pleasure to cast all day long! I imagine I'll get many years of use out of it - fresh and saltwater - once I get that tip section replaced.

So again, thanks Albright for prompt service and good products. The gear bag was a HUGE help with keeping reels, waders, and other misc. items organized.

Marty

Default Albright

I have been fishing a A5 6 weight for a few weeks now. Let me know how they respond to your broken tip. I am curious about what they are willing to do for you and what it ends up costing you. Please update this post with your experiences when done with customer service.

Thanks!

will do. called today but it was close to closing, so have to get motivated to do this tomorrow! but I will certainly post my experience and the end result.

+ Reply to Thread