Took my usual Thursday night fishing down to my favorite and only municipal lake. I thought the fishing would be dead with the cold rain we had the other day and yesterday evening wasn't that nice either. When I got down to the lake I noticed it had risen a few inches and some coots were feeding out on the water; wind wasn't too bad either. So I walked down to a spot near some green cattails that had been productive several days earlier.
I cast out a chartruse wooly bugger but no dice. I stuck with that spot about 20 minutes with the same results. No fish. I moved on to another spot a little further down the shore and tried there. Again no results. Time for a change. I tied on a small size 12 epoxy minnow and began casting. Was that a tug by a fish or some weeds? I couldn't tell so I moved back to my orginal spot and began casting. After a few minutes sweet sucess.
I got three nice bluegills there and wanted to try my second spot again. Got two there. Light was fading fast so I went home a happy fisherman.