Thread: Fly Rod for Emily

Threaded View

Default Fly Rod for Emily

as most of ya know, i teach flytying twice a week and host a fishing trip every month for the class... well there is a little 8 year old girl that sits in with the class sometimes & is learning to tie a little on a spare vise that i set up on 1 side of my tying station since i dont have a spare desk... she & her family is not well off moneywise so i dont charge here a monthly fee for tying lessons... anyhow, she has asked a few times to go fishing with my class so her parents decided to let her go, not with the class but with me & my wife... i let her use a 5wt bamboo & after giving her some short basic casting lesson, she cought several breams, not big ones but she cought some & had fun doing it... we fished fer bout 1 1/2hrs & headed back home... i have started building her a fly rod of her own... she just dont know it yet... when it is finnished, it and some hand tied flies will be presented to her by the whole tying class & her parents will be there on that day... so far the blank is done... gona be a 2 peice 6 1/2ft bamboo 4/5wt medium-fast action, dickerson 6611 taper... pictures will be posted as i go along...

Rod blank done (not trimmed yet)
    http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...9/SNV30292.jpg
    Last edited by bugman; 12-11-2008 at 02:47 AM. Reason: add picture
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...