For those that don't know, I'm starting to build a new Lamiglas 7 1/2 foot, 3 piece, 4 weight. First, I made sure that the oversized bore on the REC Cap & Ring, Amboyna Burl reel seat fit all the way to the end of the butt section.
Oversized because fiberglass blanks are bigger around than graphite blanks. They custom bored the seat to .438 and it fit the .440 blank very well.

Next I went really slow and hand bored the Fenwick style grip with a rat tail file. I shortened the grip with a razor blade and sanded it flush and perpendicular to the rod axis so that the cork check would fit and it wouldn't be "overhandled" for a 4 weight. If you go slow enough a rat tail file works fine. You don't want to get the grip too loose because that would be a BAD thing.

Then I assembled all the parts with a 50 minute epoxy from Lowe's Hardware. Just in case there was some ooze of the epoxy, I used blue painter's tape to hold the ring in the center of the wood filler. That way I can avoid gluing the ring to one end or the other. Ooze can always be cleaned later with a sharp knife or razor blade.

I have to say that after assembling these components that the REC Amboyna Burl reel seat matches the honey color of the Lamiglas blank perfectly. I'll decide on guide wrap colors later.

Thanks for looking! I'm really happy with it so far.