The high winds predicted for Wednesday have put the kibosh on my hunting plans but I still would like to do some fly fishing. I will be fishing my local warm water for crappie and yellow perch. Trout in the lake too.

This lake supports a tremendous amount of aquatic life. Really good hatches but during these high winds dry flies are probably out of the question. Bait fishers are currently taking crappies and yellow perch from the banks on night crawlers and minnows on the bottom. I was thinking about fishing my 8wt with perhaps some weighted pheasant tail nymphs, hares ear, incredible pink worm and streamers. Fish them all deep.

I should also note that there is a good chance of tangling with large bass, tiger muskies and walleye in this lake. From the reports I am hearing it sounds like the fall feeding cycle is in full swing.

I must admit that I don't have very much experience at fishing these windy conditions. Am I on the right track for flies and technique here or should I just stay home?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.