+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charleston SC Kayak Fishing

Default Charleston SC Kayak Fishing

I am flying down to Charleston, SC for work and will be there for the next two weeks. Anyone have any pointers on any places I can fish from a kayak? Any body in the area want to meet up? Send a PM!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Unhappy Too far away to help!

Hi Setnhooked,

I'm afraid that I'm about as far away from Charleston as you can be and still be in the state of South Carolina. It's about a four and a half or five hour drive so I don't spend much time in the area. I would write the SC Department of Natural Resources for tourist information or check their web site. There's lots of public launch sites and access points that should keep you busy exploring for most of your free time. Hopefully, we have a couple of FAOL members that you can pair up with for a guided tour. Good luck. There's some fine fishing down there in the fall. 8T

I can't help directly but I know there is a great flyshop, The Charleston Angler, that might offer some advice or a guided trip. One of the other flyfishing boards had some individuals who Kayaked around there. Can't remember which one!
    If you shoot me an email, I'll forward it to my son, who lives there, he doesn't fish but kayaks there.He knows a lot of launch sites. randallsale@att.net.

Randall Sale
    Kytroutbum

Default Charleston

I love the Charleston area for fishing!

Default Thanks a million

For any of you who have not spoken with KYtroutbum, let me say in short that he is immensely helpful and connected me to his son that lives in Charleston. His son sent me an email that was nearly two pages long, including links and PDF attachments of places and pointers. Thanks!!! I didn't get a chance to get out this week, as I had to head back to Pittsburgh for the rest of the week but will be back down and searching for some reds. Thank you KYtroutbum and your son!

+ Reply to Thread