Way to go. JC - congratulations and keep it up.
I decided several years ago that I should quit cigarettes. Tried several times without good results, then did it. Done! The next day it felt like my bones were made of Jello but after that it wasn't too bad. No more cigarettes.

Still puffed on a pipe - didn't inhale, it just tasted and smelled so good. Doctors (Two of 'em!) said "that's OK", since you're not inhaling it's not a biggie. Im convined they were wrong! If I could smell it, the smoke was getting into my lungs.

Few years later a lung doctor (properly a pulmonologist) after tests in his office and at the hospital, determined that I had asthma and emphysema, with about one third of normal lung capacity remaining. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is not reversible. Good ole lung Dr. stopped progress of the problem and that's where we are today.

I don't wade anywhere as adventurously as I used to, but I can still fish. Thank you God! And the bluegills in our lakes are almost as lovely as the brookies in our streams. (Not really - not even close!!)

Bill

If you're a smoker -- STOP!!!!!