+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why I Quit

Hybrid View

Default Why I Quit

Hey, JC, I'm glad you quit!

I applaud your effort to bring awareness.
    Last edited by ducksterman; 10-20-2008 at 04:31 PM.

Default Why I Quit

One night I was laying in bed and I could hear myself breathing. I did'nt like what I heard, was that me whizzing. Yap the guy that retired at 51 that played racket ball for twenty years, that thought he would live forever. Well thank the lord, that scared the begezzies out of me, I quit that second, 10 years ago, not a puff sense. Every now and then they really smell, like candy -------so I clam to be a recovering smoking aholic.

Don't forget to Vote

John
    Fish like predator.

Good article JC!

Sadly the symptoms sound similar to my father-in-law so I sent him a copy of the article right after reading it.

I doubt it will do any good though. It seems hardheadedness is tougher to cure than the common cold!

Smile Glad You Quit

Good Article JC! You need to post it on the BB too, before it gets chopped up into teeny tiny little QUOTES all over the place. Reads much better as a whole.

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

nighthawk Guest

J.C.
    Wonderful article! Congratulations on quitting smoking! Amy and I have been 13 months smoke free. Thinking she was dieing from ling cancer really sends out a jolting wake up call.

You are quite correct when you say "Just quit". The state of mind or determination is nine tenths of what it takes to stop.

Thank you, Sir!

I have to applaud all of you who have quit smoking. Apparently I don't want to bad enough. I have dropped from over 4 packs a day to 1/2 pack a day but still can't quit. Makes me mad. I quit herion cold turkey, opium well it is stillwith me but I don't use it anymore. Fact of the matter been clean for well over 30 + years. Did it all cold turkey. I quit drinking a case of beer and a 5th of whiskey a day over 25 years ago and now just have a occasional beer (this year 6). Smoking just seems to stick with me. Very frustrating. Been smoking since I was 8. Started on camels and went from there. Watched my dad die of lung cancer, made me smoke more. Wish above all else I could quit, Been blessed don't have any of the illnesses related to smoking yet but I assume I will in the future. Tobacco is by far the most addictive drug out there at this time.

+ Reply to Thread