I see many more women both tying at the shows and on the trout streams in recent years. Of course in the East we have always had and still have some of the best known women in FF. Joan Wulff still looks in great shape as does Mary Dette. I spoke with both at the FF Hall of Fame ceremony at the FF Museum in the Catskills Saturday and they are as charming and effervesent as ever. Then there is Helen Shaw who is an inventive tyer although I don't think she has been doing much tying these last few years. Helen was inducted last year. She like the others is a wonderful down to earth person. Elsie Darbee, Winnie Dette and Carrie Stephens were and still are magical names in this business and also have been inducted into the FF Hall of Fame. Joan Stoliar was inducted last year. Cathy Beck is a well known FF/FT personality and going further West Gretchen Beatty, our own Deanna, Becky Martin plus Harrop, and across the ocean Comba and Boyd. All well know names in this business.Lots of important women throughout the years .Women in greater numbers are hitting the streams and tying benches , writing articles and books than ever before. Yes these names have been around for many years but seeing so many new faces I can't help but think it is one of the things that keeps FF/FT going. I know I've missed some names here. Has anyone else noticed this trend?