+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That time of year again!

Sposed to get all the way down to 45 tonight. Too d@#$ cold for me. That's why I live down here in the pineywoods, and not up there in the land of white winters.
    Around here, we get 10 months of summer, about 3 weeks each of fall and spring, and 2 weeks of winter. Once every couple or 10 years, it'll get down into the teens, or snow (more than a flurry, anyway). People down here lose their minds when either of those 2 happen.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    According to my Texas to (American) English dictionary, that means that mights are dipping down into the 70s. Is that about right?

Ed
    You translated correctly, Ed. It's been getting all the way down to the 70's. It got down to the 40's this morning. Brrrr! We had to put on extra layers of clothing. I'm with crazy4oldcars when it comes to cold weather.
    Tracy

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown

Hi All,

Enjoyed the back and forth about cold here in Texas. I grew up in north west Kansas, about 300 miles straight north of here.

Here in the panhandle some of the folks I know talk about the "really cold winter" that the lake froze back in maybe '82. (What they told me that they mean by the lake freezing was that a 1/4 inch skiff of ice formed on the lake about 200 yards out into the lake.)

Up in NW Kansas all of the lakes freeze, and folks ice fish on them. Even so, I know it is a LOT colder for you folks up north. What makes the cold seem worse is the wind we get in western Kansas and west Texas. In NW Kansas a temperature of zero and a 40 mile per hour wind seems like it will really cut through you.

Regards,

Gandolf

+ Reply to Thread